The Army of any country is essential to handle the country’s internal & external matters & conflicts. Sometimes it controls the whole country. We all are taught to respect the Army, and we even do, but do we know Army full form?
Actually, ARMY stands for:
A – Alert
ARMY word is derived from the Latin word ‘ARMADA,’ which means armed or armed forces. So in a short sentence, it means a group of men who are armed with weapons of any kind to fight for their nation.
As a noun, Army is an organized military force that fights on the land. It is used worldwide in Academics, Science, and Language & Linguistics.
ARMY full form in different Senses!
ARMY just does not mean to the armed personnel fighting for their country. It has many other full forms, which are totally different from the ARMY full form in Military senses.
Here are its other full form:
- Ain’t Ready For Marines Yet
- Army Rns My Youth
- A Real Man Yankee
- Always Reply Me Yes
- Adult Role Models For Youth
- Anointed Radical Missionary Youth
ARMY word is sometimes used as an acronym for all these words, but mostly ARMY means Alert Regular Mobility Youth.
READ ALSO- Dslr full form
Some other full forms of words related to ARMY!
So now you know the full form of the Army, then why not know some other complete forms related to Army to increase your knowledge!
NCC – National Cadet Corps
CHM – Compnay Havildar Major
PPT – Physical Proficiency Test
BHM – Battalion Havildar Major
RHM – Regiment Havildar Major
PVC- Param Vir Chakra
AC- Ashok Chakra
VC- Vir Chakra
NSG- National Security Guard
AAD – Army Air Defence
NSS- National Service Scheme
So these are some of the full forms of the words related to ARMY. Now let’s know some facts about
Interesting Facts About Indian Army
- Indian Army controls the Siachen glacier, which is 5000 meters above sea level.
- The Indian Army built the Bailey Bridge, the highest bridge globally, in Ladakh in August 1982.
- The military might of India ranks fourth worldwide.
- Indian Army has never initiated war nor participated in any type of coup.
- 93,000 Pakistani forces surrendered before the Indian Army during the 1971 war between India and Pakistan, marking the largest surrender since World War II.
- The Gorkha regiment in the Indian Army is considered the oldest regiment of the Indian Army and has been known to impress leaders worldwide, including Adolf Hitler.
- In the world, the Indian army is one of the last three regiments equipped with horse-mounted cavalry. It is expected that the Jaipur-based 61st Cavalry will replace its horses with tanks.
- Operation Rahat, a civilian rescue mission in Uttarakhand by the Indian Army that brought about 20,000 people to safety and dropped 362,400 kg of aid in 2013, was one of the biggest such missions in the world.
We hope, now you know the Army full form & you can answer it quickly, whenever someone asks you!
Allow push notifications to get updates regarding such interesting & informative articles from GlobelCare.
Leave your thoughts about this article in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!
READ ALSO- op full form